Wednesday, September 28, 2005

$45 plate of rice

That's not such a bargain, especially given The Muck's half-off comp and even considering that it's pretty damn good seafood fried rice. Michelle and I have always made that joke, going back to the time a meal would be fully comped while you were in a game. It was always: You wanna go get a free dinner? Sure. And then later, when we each lost a rack of chips, "Well, that was a pretty good $200 free dinner."

Tonight, I dashed down after work to play some 4-8 and have something to eat. It was a good game, but the callers were undeterred by a raise or even two, and enough cards fell wrong for me that I ended up booking a loss. No long, boring bad beat stories, but twice I lost to players who called three bets cold with A-7 offsuit or 4-2. I only played a couple of hours, but it could have been worse. Down $45 for the night.

Running chip count:
2 sessions of 4-8: $64 up.