Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Jackpot over $200k and counting

They're packin' the Muck again for a piece of the jackpot, however unlikely. It was at $214,000 and change last night when I sat in on a good $6-12 kill game.

The jackpot's harder to hit at Muckleshoot; you need quads or better beat, with both cards playing, so it doesn't get cracked too often. Even so, it's been several months now since it last went off, and that's a long time even there. "Overdue," the hopeful regulars all agreed at my table, and I'm sure the same conversations were taking place around the room.

It's stupid to chase jackpots, as everyone knows, but when it gets that high it's hard not to think about it. I mean, man, the big end is $107,000! Even a table share would be close to $8,000.

We didn't get anywhere close to hitting it. I only had a couple of pocket pairs all night, jacks and kings, and neither held up, but I managed to get out of there with $67 of sugar.