Friday, February 24, 2006

Like Sasha Cohen ...

I fell on my ass tonight.

After several good performances in a row, I took a spill and hit the ice pretty hard in the Muck's $4-8 kill game. Some of the other players wouldn't have scored high on technical merit -- calling all the way with hands like 10-3 offsuit isn't going to impress the judges. But if you can nail the landing by catching your miracle card on the river, maybe the approach doesn't have to look pretty.

Oh well. The short version was that I was three racks in before I began to skate out of it. Luckily the same pair of lame players who kept sucking out stayed around long enough for probability to catch up with them a little bit.

I didn't come all the way back, but close. Finished down $35 for the night.

Jackpot's at $280k.