Saturday, September 22, 2007

Think you're going fishing?

If you watch any poker on TV like we do, you've seen those clever commercials for Milwaukee's Best Light (the spots are much better than the beer). The setups change, but always a bunch of guys are standing around talking and one of them does something girlie or seems whipped by a wife or girlfriend, and a giant beer can comes crashing down on him.

"Men should act like men," or something like that, is the tagline. It's a pretty funny campaign.

OK, so last night Michelle and I were out playing poker, sitting at the same table, and when we found ourselves contesting a pot she punished me with a classic, made-for-TV dis. Michelle had raised before the flop and then reraised me again after the flop when I bet, trying to take the pot away from her. I sat staring at the board for a minute, trying to figure out what she might have, and she said, "You look like a beer can's going to fall on your head."

Ouch.

I folded, of course, and everyone laughed.