Monday, September 24, 2007

Three hands, seven queens, zero pots

Despite my goal (not quite a rule) of refraining from bad-beat stories here, I've got to take one minute to moan about some bad luck during my one frustrating hour at the Roxy today.

The session got off to a bad start when I was dealt pocket aces on the first hand. I know you know what's coming: capped pre-flop, capped on the flop when the player on my left reraises me all-in, running cards give all-in player a straight with his king-10.

Later, I was dealt pocket queens an unbelievable three hands in a row.

1. Flop safe. Turn jack. River 6. Two pair, J-6, wins.
2. King on the river wins it for A-K player.
3. Queen on the flop! River spade wins it for flush-drawer.

I'm not even complaining about their play (except for the J-6 guy). It just sucked, that's all.