Saturday, September 08, 2007

New setup please!

Like those lame players who request a replacement deck of cards when they're losing -- new setup, please -- I want a fresh start on this blog.

I started Poker Seattle a couple of years ago as an experiment, and I had fun for a while tracking my low-limit hold 'em adventures around the Northwest. But life got busy, there was the whole brain cancer distraction, and although I kept playing cards whenever I could I stopped writing about it. Now I'm feeling a bit better, I'm playing a little more and I'm interested in dealing myself back into this blog business.

I've said all this before, so we'll have to wait and see if I've got the hand I'm representing, but I hope for this site to include card-room reviews, mini-profiles of players, stories from around the tables, actual poker news from hereabouts and, if my pride can take it, a running account of my own play.

Eventually, I hope it will be a quality, one-stop journal for poker in Seattle and beyond, the kind of blog I'd enjoy reading if I weren't writing it.

Betting in the dark: More to come ...